Good Afternoon Students, Parents, and Community Members:
This week we enjoyed a short week and our seniors completed their finals and had their last full day of school today. Graduation will be on Thursday, June 8th at 7:00 pm in the gymnasium. Each graduate was given four tickets. If families need additional tickets, we can place you on the waiting list. If we cannot get you tickets, we will be broadcasting live video feed of the graduation ceremony in the auditorium where there are plenty of seats available. Any questions, please contact the main office.
Diploma Day! Superintendent Mr. Dempsey Signs Diplomas: On Wednesday, Mr. Dempsey signed all 106 diplomas that will be handed out during graduation on Thursday, June 8th! Congrats to the Class of 2017.
On Thursday, we celebrated our 23rd Annual Bristol County Agricultural High School Awards Night. It was a great time to recognize the incredible accomplishments of our students throughout the year. The awards and scholarships that were distributed last night were just some of the numerous example of the many successes they have achieved while at Bristol Aggie. As stated in the letter sent home to Parents/Guardians on May 5th, “In order to receive the award, you must be in attendance at Awards Night.” Thus, anyone who did not attend the Awards Night celebration did not receive their awards, but received their certificates.
Below are the awards that were presented on Thursday night:
Top 10 Seniors:
- Alexandra Bettencourt
- Anna Macomber
- Lauren Crafts
- Arika Warren
- Nicole Sprague
- Grace Karolczuk
- Dana Tripp
- Vanessa Marshall
- Molly Ross
- Samantha Bert
Academic Letter Awards (Small): Blaze Abren, Olivia Aguiar, Hannah Araujo, Jos’ee Audet, Karolyn Auer, Camryn Badger, George Bancroft, Isabella Bartlett, Melani Beaulieu, Lauren Biedak, Audrey Biron, Joshua Blanchard, Hannah Borges, Cavan Botelho, William Bradley, Julie Braga, Ariana Brand, Abigail Bruno, Taylor Burrell, Tiffany Cabral, Larkin Canuel, Lee Ann Carey, Jonathan Carreiro, Austin Caruthers, Trevor Clapp, Jacqueline Collins, Brenden Cook, Catherine Cooney, Gabriella Costa, Isabella Costa, Kasey Culhane, Joshua Cunha, Reilly Cusick, Madison DeCunha, Justin Dasilva, Nina Desouza, Emily Desrosiers, Blythe Doroch, Emma Duarte, Abigail Duross, Alexandra Eisner, Sarah Ellis, Noah Feeley, Aoife Fogarty, Amber-Lee Ford, Genevieive Gannon, Allison Gosselin, Alexis Hamilton, Skyler Harper, Nicole Hayduk, Meaghan Herlihy, Katelyn Higbie, Samantha Holden, Kelly Johnson, Kayla Johnston, Jodie Jones, Alexia Kavanaugh, Delaney Kellard, Amanda Koohy, Madison Kruger, Alexis Kublin, Derek Lacen, Arianna Lachance, Brooke Lachapelle, Carley LaFleur, Abigail Landry, Carissa Laporte, Kaci Leonard, Mason Levesque, Emily Lynch, Angela Masison, Kyle Mazzola, Kaylee McKenna, Karlene McMahon, Ashley Medeiros, Payton Melberg, Sage Miranda, Cora Monast, Madeline Moquin, Gabriel Moreno, Moriah Morris, Ryley Morse, Emily Mullen, Mellany Munroe, Brooke Murphy, Sabina Myers, Cameron Oliveira, Jasmine Page, Emma Palermo, Cassie Palmer, Morgan Parent, Lacey Parker, Zachary Pecora, Kayla Perry, Travis Perry, Taylor Pettey, Nathan Pinard, Amber Pires, Malarie Pittsley, Alayna Polk, Alyza Poly, Jesse Power, Savannah Prejsnar, Jacob Prestopino, Rebekah Quartochi, Stephainie Raposa, Melanie Rea, Wyatt Rego, Julia Repeta, Hanna Riggs, Elizabeth Roderick, Kiley Rose, Savannah Salvador, Matthew Schlosser, David Sheldon, Meghan Sherman, Hope Siddall, Ashley Silva, Kayla Small, McKenzie Smith-Bianchini, Gillian Souto, Jalena Sylvia, Kristi-Rose Teixeira, Michaela Totman, Nicole Tyler, Imani Vinnie-Rose, Amber Wells, Blake Wethington, Jack Wethington, Samantha Wheaton, Elizabeth Whitaker, Jacob Whittemore, Marguerite Zielinski
Academic Letter Awards (Large): Lily Berube, Meagan Bourgette, Matteo Cabral, Kenzie Casper, Olivia Collins, Emma Darling, Jacob Dorothy, Dylan Fahey, Sydney Hussey, Hannah Johnson, Kayla Keith, Olivia Larrivee, Hannah Medeiros, Emily Mills, Noah Pacheco, Peyton Patota Nevin Poirer, Quinn Preisnar, Caroline Rex, Kelly Rovoredo, Merissa Silva-Robertson, Nicole Simas, Mia Slater, Hannah Smith, Ross Sousa, Mia Vargas, Kaitlyn Walorz, Cassidy White
- Jeff Pavao Scholarship—Mitchell Holmes
- Christopher Wilkie Scholarship—Molly Ross
- Fall River Grange # 392 Scholarship—Amber Medeiros
- Charles Sidney Chace Award—Kenneth Baker
- Bristol County Savings Scholarship—Nicole Sprague
- Marshfield Agricultural & Horticultural Society Scholarship—Alexandra Bettencourt
- The Ralph W. Carr Memorial Scholarship—Marina Fiuerado
- Van Sloun Foundation, Sylvan Scholarship—Dana Tripp
- Bristol County Beekeepers—Anna O’Keefe & Kaylee McKenna
- Robert Rebello Scholarship—Rachel Dufrense
- The Fairhaven Grange Scholarship--Blake Wethington, Michelle Randall, & Dana Tripp
- Bristol County Farm Burea Scholarship--Alexandra Bettencourt
- Dorothy Jean Kirby Scholarship--Maia Almeida
- Mattapoisett Women’s Club--Michelle Randall
- Fernandes E. Lopes Memorial Scholarship--Austin Caruthers
- The Manuel J. and Mary Cambra Scholarship--Blake Wethington
- D. Thurber Wood Scholarship--Lauren Crafts
- MA Association of School Superintendents--Alexandra Bettencourt
- American Citizenship Award--Sage Miranda, Alyza Poly, Madison Kruger, Katie Walorz, Noah Carello, Kyle Mazzola, Derek Lacen, & Blake Page
- BCAHS Atheletic Booster Club Sportsmanship Award--George Bancroft, Logan Branco, Alyssa Costa, Sarah Ellis, Albert Gesualdi, Mitchell Holmes, Derek Lacen, Kaylee McKenna, Michelle Randall, & Dana Tripp
- Dighton Lions Club Scholarship--Stephanie Raposa
- Dr. Donald W. Lloyd Scholarship--Alexandra Bettencourt
- Manny Veader Memorial Scholarship--Shawn Crafts
- GFWC Taunton & Raynham Junior Woman’s Club Scholarship--Kelly Johnson
- Robert Brunelle Memorial Scholarship--Caroline Rex
- Caleb M. Bethoney Scholarship--Larkin Canuel
- Westport River Watershed Alliance Scholarship--George Bancroft
- BCAHS Perseverance Award--Larkin Canuel
- PTO Senior Essay Award--Alexandra Bettencourt, Kelly Johnson, & George Bancroft
- Outstanding Achievement in Vocational Agriculture--Dana Tripp, Alexandra Bettencourt, Blake Wethington, & George Bancroft
- Alumni Association Award--Kenneth Baker
- Taunton-South Shore Foundation--Amber Medeiros
- Presidential Certificate of Merit--Blake Wethington & Kelly Johnson
- Robert Krzyszton Memorial Scholarship--Nicole Sprague
- Daughters of the American Revolution--Molly Ross
- Rachael Marie Henault Memorial Scholarship--Nicole Tyler
- Plymouth County Beekeeping Association Scholarship--Kelly Johnson
- Taunton Board of Health Scholarship--Julia Hebert & George Bancroft
- MA Secondary School Student Achievement Award--Amber Medeiros
- Munroe Feed and Supply Scholarship--Mitchell Holmes
- Spirit of Bristol Pennants--Hannah Medeiros, Madison Krueger, & Noah DeTerra
- Outstanding Vocational Student Award--Alexandra Bettencourt
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For additional information, contact: Keith Poloskey, Athletic Director, at: 508-669-6744 ext. 135
Bristol Aggie: Girls Softball UNDEFEATED in the Regular Season
BA Heading to 2017 MIAA Softball South Division 3 Championship
(DIGHTON, MA) - May 30, 2017: Spirits are high at Bristol Aggie as the (18-0) Girls Softball Team heads off to States after being crowned the Mayflower Small Vocational League Champions! This is the 3rd time the BA team has qualified for the State Championships in three years, but the first time receiving the number 1 seed! The girls will have a bye for Round 1 and will face the winner of the Blue Hills vs. St. John Paul II matchup in Round 2. For Tournament Bracket Information, click here!
Currently in its sixth year, the Bristol Aggie Girls Softball program has shown steady growth and bright promise for the future! Co-Captain’s Sarah Ellis (Catcher & 2016 Mayflower Small Vocational Player of the Year) and Alyssa Costa (Left Field & leads team in stolen bases) have provided strong leadership for this young team. Underclassmen Mallory Pittsley (Starting Pitcher) and Cora Monast (Short Stop) were also 2016 Mayflower Small Vocational League All-Star’s. It’s safe to say Varsity Coach Kathleen Tracy has had a fantastic 1st year with the BA team!
For more information on Bristol Aggie Girls Softball, visit the website at www.bristolaggie.org or contact Keith Poloskey, Athletic Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday, May 31st Mr. Flynn took a group of our students to the Livestock Evaluation CDE at Cumming School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University after practicing for many months. Students judged classes of Dorset Sheep, Yorkshire Swine, and Simmental Cattle. The team did exceptionally well taking first place overall in the state competition. All four students also did extremely well, each taking an individual placing. The first place team consisted of Emily Mullen taking first place overall, Kaitlyn Walorz taking second place overall, Savanna Nadeau taking a silver, and Madison Smith taking a bronze. Congratulations to all of those who competed!
Animal Science: On Thursday, students looked on and assisted in sheep shearing in Animal Science. The wool is sold to a company in Boston and processed.
- NRM: Fourth term for the NRM Exploratory focuses on the topic of Outdoor Recreation, an important industry under the umbrella of Natural Resource Management. The outdoor recreation experiences serve two purposes; one expose students to outdoor activities in the hopes that they will spend time outdoors and learn to appreciate nature and the environment, second is to show students that these activities are not only fun, but in the proper situations are also job skills, that can be crucial in many NRM related careers. In addition to canoeing students get a taste for camping by setting up tents and receive an overview of outdoor ethics through the Leave No Trace initiative.
Dual Enrollment: The deadline to register for Fall Dual Enrollment courses through BCC is June 9th. If you are interested in taking the Accuplacer exam or want to learn more about this college placement exam please see or email Mrs. Scanlon (email@example.com) with any questions.
This week in Admissions, we welcomed twelve, 7th grade scholars from the Alma del Mar Charter School in New Bedford, MA. They were excited to learn about the programs we offer, and the feedback we received from their tour group was fantastic! As always, our Bristol Aggie family was informative, professional and courteous. Hannah Medeiros was a star, acting as our Student Ambassador for this group!
As we celebrate our departing Seniors, Admissions is about to enter its final phase of Freshman Selection! Our last round of incoming placement testing will take place on June 11th. Stay tuned!
Massachusetts DOT Safe Streets Smart Trips Video Contest: MassDOT has announced its fourth annual Safe Streets Smart Trips video contest that is open to all high school students. It calls on students to write and produce a one minute video to promote safe driving, bicycling, and pedestrian behaviors. Please see attached flyers for details.
ESE Massachusetts Corporator Scholarship:
EASTERN STATES EXPOSITION
MASSACHUSETTS CORPORATORS SCHOLARSHIP
The Massachusetts Eastern States Exposition Corporators Scholarship is available now. The scholarship is offered to students residing in Massachusetts who have participated in the Exposition’s youth programs including agricultural events and/or those in Storrowton Village Museum. Applicants must be accepted to or currently attending a two or four year accredited higher education institution. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2017.
Applicants will be required to provide a transcript of latest grades and recommendations from a youth activity advisor or leader. Only applications that are fully completed and submitted with supplemental information will be considered. Candidates may be required to attend interviews.
The number of recipients and amount of the scholarships awarded will be determined by a committee after reviewing the applications. Decisions will be made in early July.
The application is available at http://tinyurl.com/MACorp.
Transcripts, recommendations and supplemental information must be sent to Carol J. Pederzani, Executive Assistant to the President, Eastern States Exposition, 1305 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield MA 01089, or by email to cjpederzani@TheBigE.com.
For more information on Eastern States Exposition, and other scholarship opportunities, visit TheBigE.com.
The 2017 Big E will take place Sept. 15 – Oct. 1 at Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, Mass.
Activities and Athletics:
- Softball: MIAA Playoff Game Today @ 3:30 (HOME)
Week Ahead: B Week
- Monday, June 5th
- Tuesday, June 6th
- Wednesday, June 7th
- Senior Breakfast- 8:30 am cafe
- Graduation Rehearsals following breakfast
- Distribution of cap and gowns
- PTO Meeting- 7:00 pm in library
- Thursday, June 8th
- Graduation Rehearsals 8:30-10:30
- Class of 2017 Graduation Ceremony 7:00 pm in Gymnasium
- Friday, June 9th
- Underclassmen in Danger of Failing Letters sent to parents June 9th