Good Afternoon Students, Parents, and Community Members:
This week we sent 26 students to Indianapolis, Indiana to compete at the FFA Nationals. We are looking forward to hearing about our students experience competing at the national level. We have some pictures below (with links to view live events) from the events.
Bristol Aggie Excellence Award: The award was presented to Mr. Johnson at assembly on Tuesday, by Special Education Director, Dr. Juanita DiGioia. Dr. DiGioia read the following award description:
“This award is submitted to individuals who exemplify what is considered “Above and Beyond” our expectations for duty without any intention for a reward or recognition. Their dedication to and appreciation to help others is admirable. Mr. Johnson consistently exemplifies what it means to be an effective, cheerful, and enthusiastic teacher. He provides Social Emotional Learning by greeting each of his students and those passing in the hallway with a smile and a high five! He engages his learners and motivates them through his passion for Science, and through his interactive lessons and experiments. Not only that, he supports a positive school culture by his friendly nature, fun costumes, asking those around him how they are, and contributing to our community such as being an Advisor to the Geek Club each week and inviting our school community each year before the holiday break with some fascinating experiments. Who knew dry ice could be so fun? Additionally, he is incredibly musically talented! Mr. Johnson, thank you for all you do for our students and this community. You are awesome!”
NHS Induction Ceremony: On Monday, October 28th, 21 junior and senior students were inducted into the George Gilbert Chapter of National Honors Society (NHS). NHS is not only students who qualify academically, but also demonstrate leadership, character, and community service.
FFA Nationals: Click here to see live sessions at the FFA National Convention
This week we live streamed the FFA Nationals in the cafeteria to encourage our students to try and compete in the future! #BAPride
National FFA Agriscience Fair
FFA Opening Ceremony
In the Classroom:
- Science: Science was coming alive in Mr. Johnson’s class on Halloween. It’s always a treat when Mr. Johnson puts on a showcase for our students.
Science Rockets: On Friday, Ms. Perry and Mr. Surdi’s students were taking their physics lessons to the air launching rockets. Check our Twitter for the videos.
- ELA: In Mrs. Coderre’s English class students were studying Macbeth. Junior Derek Wedge created a video on Act 5 at home and showed it to his peers on Friday. Bravo!
Ag Mech: Senior students building the bed for the flatbed field crops truck.
Parent-Teacher Conference Scheduler: We apologize for the confusion with the signing up for conferences. We hope that everyone was able to sign up to see their teacher. Please see directions below.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE PORTAL
The online portal is now open that will allow parents and guardians to set up conferences with teachers. Please take note this is not PowerSchool parent portal for grades. Parent Teacher Conferences will be held Thursday, November 14th. Like last year we will have two different meeting times to accommodate more parents to visit with teachers. The first meeting time will be from 12:30-2:30 and the second from 6:00-8:00 pm. The sign-ups for parent teacher conferences will work the same as last year, as you will need to register to see a teacher through this portal. Please have your student schedule with teacher names available so you can book your appointments. All appointments are 8 minutes in duration. Please do not book appointments back to back since you need to leave time for you to travel from room to room.
Here are the directions to sign up for parent teacher conferences: If you completed this last year, you can use your same username (your email) and password (if you forgot, click “forgot password.”)
1) Go to: http://www.ptcscheduling.com/app/login.asp?HID=87625215
2) Register by completing YOUR (not your child’s) First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Password (twice). Click Register. (If you already completed this last year, your student name should appear)
3) Go back to http://www.ptcscheduling.com/app/login.asp?HID=87625215 and log in with your email and password.
4) Select Add and Edit Children to enter your child’s names in.
5) Once you have added your children, select Schedule inside the box where it says “Current Child on File.”
6) Select Conference Date “11/15/2018” and then select ALL the Teachers you would like to meet with. Select Submit.
7) Check off one time for each teacher that you previously selected when you are available. Do not book times back to back since you need to consider the time it takes to move between classrooms. After you have checked off your times, select Home at the top of the screen.
8) Select Schedule Conferences again. This time select print/email to verify and have a record of the conferences you scheduled.
2019 Bristol Aggie MAC Cross Country All-Stars
Hannah Rapoza: 23:32 (PR)/ Samanth Goulart: 24:57 (PR)/ Emily Santos: 24:56 (PR)
Please return Emergency forms to the nurse
Please get updated Physical exams to the nurse, students participating in Winter sports will need an up to date physical to play
Please update allergies to the nurse, especially food allergies!!
Fuel Up & Go
Breakfast in the Cafeteria or Aggie Lounge (B-18)
Free & reduced rates apply
The Week Ahead A Week
- Monday, November 4
- Assembly (Gym)
- EXTENDS @ 2:30 (Library)
- Tuesday, November 5- No School (Staff Professional Development)
- Wednesday, November 6
- ASVAB Testing 8:30-12:30
- Late bus @ 5:00 pm
- Thursday, November 7
- EXTENDS @ 2:30 (Library)
- Friday, November 8
- Fall Show Awards Ceremony @ 1:30 (Gym)
- Homecoming Dance 5:30-9:30 pm