Good Afternoon Students, Parents, and Community Members:
We wanted to notify parents that Term 1 grades are updated in PowerSchool. Please check your child's PowerSchool. If you have any questions with access, please contact Mr. Costa (firstname.lastname@example.org.) with any questions.
This week our students had Tuesday off, so our faculty could receive professional development. We are always working hard to improve our craft to better prepare students for the 21st century. This week our students were honored for their hard work during Fall Show. During Fall Show Awards ceremony, we did ask students to reflect on Veteran’s Day and to reach out to a neighbor, family member, friend, or relative who served in the military to thank them for their service.
This year marks 101 years since the signing of the armistice to stop the fighting during World War I. The armistice was signed on the 11th month, on the 11th day, and at the 11th hour, which marked a victory for the Allied Forces. We would like to THANK all of our service men and women who every day put their lives on the line to ensure that each of us are safe.
We would like to thank the Veterans from Bristol Aggie:
- Mr. Joe Mendonsa, United States Navy
- Mr. James Costa, United States Army/United States Air Force
- Mr. Daniel Bence, United States Marine Corps
Congratulations NRM: the Bristol Aggie NRM program is featured in the recent issue of the Massachusetts Wildlife Magazine. See articles below.
In the Classroom
- Landscape: Juniors and Seniors teamed up to cover the hoop houses in our container nursery to protect the plants for the winter. An increase in production as well as a donation of surplus plants from Walmart resulted in the need to cover three houses for the first time in several years.
Introduction to Agriculture:
Last week freshman group 7 utilized Pear Deck to enhance their learning of a unit about their digital footprint. Aiden Sarrazin eagerly used the touch screen to go over the learning objectives.
What is Pear Deck, you might ask? “Pear Deck Slides give teachers the ability to engage and assess every student in every seat.” A teacher achieves this by projecting the material onto the students’ individual devices; the students, in turn, are able to write, sketch, drag objects, and answer questions, etc. to show their responses and demonstrate their learning. These interactive slides let every student participate and respond to Mrs. Noel’s prompts right from their own devices!
100 cans of cranberry sauce
Attention Parents: Please let us know how we can help!
Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Presentation for Parents Thursday November 14th @ 5pm
Would you like to learn more about transgender and gender non-conforming youth? James Shultis (https://jamesshultis.com/) will be coming to present on this topic and answer your questions on Thursday November 14th at 5pm in the Auditorium. Open to parents, students, and teachers. They will be giving a 30-45 minute presentation and then will be available to answer any questions you might have on this topic.
Parent-Teacher conferences are next week- Thursday, November 14th
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE PORTAL
Today, October 30th, the online portal is now open that will allow parents and guardians to set up conferences with teachers. Please take note this is not PowerSchool parent portal for grades. Parent Teacher Conferences will be held Thursday, November 14th. Like last year we will have two different meeting times to accommodate more parents to visit with teachers. The first meeting time will be from 12:30-2:30 and the second from 6:00-8:00 pm. The sign-ups for parent teacher conferences will work the same as last year, as you will need to register to see a teacher through this portal. Please have your student schedule with teacher names available so you can book your appointments. All appointments are 8 minutes in duration. Please do not book appointments back to back since you need to leave time for you to travel from room to room.
Here are the directions to sign up for parent teacher conferences: If you completed this last year, you can use your same username (your email) and password (if you forgot, click “forgot password.”)
2) Register by completing YOUR (not your child’s) First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Password (twice). Click Register. (If you already completed this last year, your student name should appear)
3) Go back to http://www.ptcscheduling.com/app/login.asp?HID=87625215 and log in with your email and password.
4) Select Add and Edit Children to enter your child’s names in.
5) Once you have added your children, select Schedule inside the box where it says “Current Child on File.”
6) Select Conference Date “11/15/2018” and then select ALL the Teachers you would like to meet with. Select Submit.
7) Check off one time for each teacher that you previously selected when you are available. Do not book times back to back since you need to consider the time it takes to move between classrooms. After you have checked off your times, select Home at the top of the screen.
8) Select Schedule Conferences again. This time select print/email to verify and have a record of the conferences you scheduled.
** If you plan on participating in a winter sport, please make sure Physical Exams are up to date.
** Continue to bring in updated Physicals and Consent for Medication forms.
** Physicals are only good for 13 months. Please get you Physicals up to date.
MSBA Update: Work activities included: Substantially completed foundations at CSE Area B, continue foundations at Building A; continue relocation of farm road; continue excavation of Cistern; Began sewer pipe replacement work at Center St.
The Week Ahead B Week
- Monday, November 11- No School- Veteran’s Day
- Tuesday, November 12
- Assembly (Gym)
- Board of Trustees @ 7:00 (Keith Hall)
- Wednesday, November 13
- Late bus @ 5:00 pm
- School Council @ 6:00 pm
- PTO Meeting @ 7:00 pm
- Thursday, November 14
- Period 7: 8:10-9:00 (same)
- Period 6: 9:02-9:52 (same)
- Period 5: 9:54-10:42 (same)
- Period 4: 10:44-11:47 (CHANGE)
- 1st Lunch: 10:42-11:10 (same)
- 2nd Lunch: 11:18-11:47
- Parent-Teacher Conference (See directions above)
- 5:00 pm Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Presentation and Q & A for parents and students in the auditorium
- Friday, November 15